• Ensure adherence to safety and discipline in Technical department
• Prepare and manage annual Cranes section budget.
• Define benchmarks by understanding current practices, identifying weak process and setting up improvement plans
• Attend and lead daily TBT’s within the department.
• Report departmental activities and Key Performance Indicators to Engineering Manager.
• Keep track of latest developments in equipment technology
• Liaise with equipment, spares & parts vendors-Procurement on a regular basis
• Ensure 100% compliance of preventive maintenance plans (Electrical/Mechanical) and ensure maintenance activities are conducted in line with defined policies and procedures
• Maintain and enhance relationships and goodwill with departments, equipment & material (spares, etc.) vendors, maintenance contractors
• Ensure best quality equipment, spares and parts are utilized at best available price
• Set out regular guidelines to Purchase & Stores for optimal inventory management by using reorder points.
• Establish, implement and monitor Performance management Standards for reporting staff.
• Implement and monitor training and safety programs for the Cranes Team.
• Ensure safe working conditions for staff
• Develop, implement and enforce technical department’s policies, procedures, and guidelines in coordination with the general management of DP World Maputo
• Identify and develop the department’s technology and training requirements
• Establish and maintain performance criteria (KPIs)
• Perform periodical scheduled performance review with reporting personnel
• Provide regular process control checks and initiate and support performance improvement activities
• Any other work deemed fit for structuring of tasks and goals, to achieve high productivity with efficient utilisation of equipment and labour
• Ensure implementation and compliance of RCM/PdM
• Responsible to maintain and Cranes Parameters and PLC backups
• Ensure compliance of safety standards of the Cranes.
• Experience in Port industry
o Mandatory: 05 to 07 years
o Preferable: 08 to 10 years
• Experience at Similar position shall be value added.
o Mandatory: 4 years
• Graduate/ bachelor’s degree in engineering-Electrical or Electronics
• Preferable: Advanced study in management
• Experience in industry maintenance, systems, methods and standards
• Fully conversant with Container terminal safety procedures
• Holder of local driver’s license (light vehicle)
Manage and direct activities of Crane Section in a customer oriented (meeting requirements of operations) and cost-effective manner with adherence to performance, safety, quality and productivity.
- Planning & Stores
- Ops Planning
- HR & Admin