- Assists in standardizing the method in which laundry tasks will be performed. Makes recommendations to the supervisor / manager.
- Responsible for proper running of equipment and proper amounts of chemicals. Ensures that established infection control and universal precaution practices are followed in the Laundry Department as some tasks may involve exposure to blood/body fluids.
- Assigns schedules and duties to laundry staff.
- Attends and participates in in-service education classes, on-the-job training programs, etc.
- Sets up par level of linens for units and assures proper amounts are sent to nursing units. Recommends equipment, linen and chemical purchasing needs to Department Head in budget preparation. Schedules preventative maintenance of laundry equipment.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary approaches established or episodic interventions for residents needing such programs.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of laundry personnel and assists in determining staffing requirements necessary to meet the Laundry Department's needs and assures that sufficient laundry personnel are on duty each day.
- Trains, monitors and evaluates all laundry staff, volunteers, and service workers. Recommends discipline and implements appropriate procedures with approval of Department Head.
- Makes rounds and inspections to assure that laundry personnel are performing required duties, appropriate laundry procedures are being rendered, and quality control measures are continually maintained.
- Also performs all duties of Linen Service Workers.
- Serves on various committees of the facility such as Quality Assurance Sub-Committee.
- Must be able to understand and communicate oral/written instructions in English. Ability to document approaches used with residents exhibiting episodic behaviors.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, supervise, inspect, and evaluate work of subordinates.
- Working knowledge of the operation and care of commercial washers and dryers.
- Good knowledge of OSHA and Public Health Sanitation guidelines for universal precautions and infection control.
- Must possess the ability to maintain a productive working relationship with other department supervisors and coordinate laundry services to assure that care and services can be performed without interruption.
- Must be able to bend, squat and stretch, stand for 2-3 hours at a time, lift laundry bags weighing up to 50 pounds, push/pull laundry carts weighing up to 140 pounds, and load / unload up to 150 pounds dry weight of laundry per hour.
- Respect for the principles of resident rights, confidentiality and EEO.
- High school or equivalency, and prior experience in a professional laundry.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese.
Responsible for planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Laundry Department according to Federal and State regulations in order to assure that the Laundry Department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner and that an adequate supply of laundry/linen is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents.- Planning & Organizing - Teamwork - Time Management - Safety - Problem Solving - Communication