- Ensure the overall cleanliness of the Hospital as per the SOP, including accurate scheduling of periodical cleaning plans.
- Updates constantly about new cleaning machinery, cleaning chemicals and cleaning procedures arising in the market.
- Supervise compliance to company rules and regulations and exercises disciplinary measures as needed.
- Conduct sudden inspection along with the housekeeping supervisors.
- Prepares and/or adjusts departmental job description for each job category.
- Control, request and purchases all supplies related to housekeeping and uniforms for all staff.
- Control inventories and costs of cleaning supplies, consumables and housekeeping equipment and machinery.
- Supervise and control lost and found.
- Works closely with client representative and engineering department.
- Involves in annual budget.
- Promotes teamwork within the department.
- Health and safety to ensure that all staff in the housekeeping department knows and understands safety procedures and effective reporting is maintained.
- Ensure all staff has a safe environment within which to work and ensure all staff adopts safe working habits.
- Checks regularly the night shift for cleaning.
- To regularly inspect offices, VIP floor, corridors, public toilets, etc.to ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness.
- To effectively handle all clients complaints, taking corrective action to prevent recurrence and convert the guest into a repeat customer.
- Ensures all housekeeping staff is thoroughly familiar with emergency procedures and are prepared for any emergency that may occur at particular site.
- Execution of regular technical and skills training.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining ongoing training programs in conjunction with the training manager.
- Maintains a monthly overview of vacation and public holiday balance of all staff and delivers a monthly consolidated summary to the Hospitality GM.
- Knowledge in computer essential – Should be able to work on MS Office.
- Should be a Graduate or Diploma / Degree in Hotel management
- Having experience of at least 10 years in the industry and 2 years in the required position
- Having good communication skills to develop a good client / customer relationship
- Fluent in Portuguese.
- Planning & Organizing
- Time management
- Problem solving
To plan, organize and execute all operations under our scope of work on the unit and manage the cleanliness of the premises.